Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bova's Bakery - Cannoli's and Eclairs


Driving home last night I was running over in my head the various options for desert day. Could I beat out famous W's Key Lime Pie? Could I lay a smack down to some tiramisu? What sort of wizardry could run circles around the workings of Drew's Nicki? That's when it hit me...Bova's bakery has the workings of a serious competitor and thus was my only option for a desert that did not have the passion of one made from scratch. So off I went...



I first saw the sign in the distance with it's neon glow "Open 24hrs!"... you never know when you need a serious desert.


I was greeted by the friendly faces of the BOVA's staff...


And then of course the variable selection of delectable treats...

The selection was immense with the aroma of confectionary sugar and Italian pastry that was glorious and mouth watering. It was a venerable cornucopia of desert greatness. It was a difficult decision and with my car double parked I was leaning towards cannoli's...then I noticed the delicious éclairs on the bottom row. It was a toss up either way and I couldn't decide...but wait! This is America...and in America I do it my way, check all those boxes people! I'll take em both! And thus we had another great desert day... :)

No comments: